When on your fitness journey you don’t want to compromise it or cheat with high-calorie and high-sugar desserts. But what if we told you that you can now enjoy delicious and amazing desserts without any guilt? In this blog we share 5 dessert recipes with the goodness of GNC whey protein powder so that you get the goodness of both taste and health.
Let’s start by understanding what is whey protein and whey protein benefits.
Whey protein is obtained as a by-product in the cheese-making process. The liquid whey that’s separated goes through multiple stages of purification and filtration to get whey protein powder. There are three types of whey protein – whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, whey protein hydrolyzed. It would be best to get in touch with your trainer to know which out of these would suit your fitness needs the best.
Whey protein benefits
Some of the main whey protein benefits are –
- Helps in building lean muscle mass
- Aids in weight loss and weight management
- Reduces fatigue and muscle soreness
- Prevents muscle breakdown, especially after intense workouts
- Boosts immunity and metabolism
- Improves stamina, athletic performance, and strength
5 dessert recipes with the goodness of GNC whey protein powder
- Peanut Butter Protein Cookies with Chocolate Chips
Why have those store-bought cookies full of unhealthy ingredients when you can make delicious peanut butter cookies with protein powder at home. Try this recipe and make delicious peanut butter protein cookies easily at home. Make sure to make a huge batch and store them in an air-tight container (if any of the cookies are left).
- ½ cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky, whatever you like)
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 scoops vanilla GNC whey protein powder
- 2 tbsp flour (you can take any gluten-free flour like – oats, coconut, almond etc.)
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350-degree F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a big bowl mix peanut butter, sweetener, sea salt, egg, egg white, and vanilla extract. Mix well until all ingredients are blended well. Add baking soda and mix well again.
- To this mixture add in the protein powder, coconut flour, and chocolate chips. If you feel the mixture is too dry you can add a few drops of milk.
- With a cookie scoop, scoop out the dough on the sheet and bake for 5 – 6 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown. Allow them to cool and enjoy!
- Protein Brownie Bites
Bite sized brownies and that too with the goodness of protein powder, now that’s what we call a healthy dessert. This is a super easy recipe that you can have as a healthy dessert, mid-meal snack, and even carry it with you on the go so that you don’t have to eat unhealthy snacks. The rich chocolate taste and the benefits of whey protein powder make this such a classic recipe that you should definitely try.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup peanut/ almond butter
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 – 2 scoops protein powder
- 1 serving liquid stevia
- Preheat the oven at 180 C and line the muffin tray with muffin liners. Ensure muffin tin is greased well.
- Mix all the ingredients – pumpkin puree, almond/ peanut butter, protein powder, cocoa powder, and stevia in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour brownie mix in muffin molds and tap lightly.
- Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for an hour and relish these yum protein bites
- Strawberry Mug Cake
On days when you crave something sweet but want something healthy, this would be the perfect recipe. It is easy and super quick to make, has the goodness of whey protein powder, and strawberries. Strawberries are rich in vitamin C and antioxidants which means they help prevent the damage caused by free radicals
- 1 egg
- 2 scoops GNC whey protein powder (strawberry variant)
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice (optional)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Combine egg, vanilla extract, sweetener, and cream cheese in a mug and whisk thoroughly.
- Add whey protein and baking powder and mix well. Add chopped strawberries and mix again.
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes. Allow it to cool and enjoy!
- Protein Pudding
If you thought that puddings can only be rich, indulgent, and high calorie, then it is time to rethink. With this delicious recipe you get the rich and creamy texture of chocolate pudding, but with no added sugar or extra calories. It has the goodness of whey protein powder which means you can easily have it on your training and non-training days. It is a vegan and gluten free recipe!
- 2 scoops chocolate GNC whey protein powder
- ½ tbsp peanut butter
- ½ cup brewed coffee
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice (optional)
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup soft tofu
- Chopped fruits and nuts – for topping
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or a double boiler.
- Drain the tofu and let it come to room temperature.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender jar and blend well for 45 seconds.
- Pour into small ceramic bowls and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Top with fruits and nuts and serve chilled
- Pear Crunch
This is such a delicious dessert as well as breakfast recipe that you’ll fall in love! The combination of crumble texture and fruits is amazing. It is power packed with whey protein benefits and is so easy and quick to make. On days when you are rushing out of the house, make this recipe to keep you energized throughout the day.
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup pears (chopped)
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tsp maple syrup or any sweetener of choice
- ½ cup flour (you can take any gluten-free flour)
- 2 tsp almonds
- 1 tbsp mixed seeds
- In the food processor pulse the oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, almonds, pumpkin seeds and salt until the almonds are chopped down to small pieces.
- Add sweetener and whey protein powder to make the mixture soft and crumbly.
- Rest the mixture in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180-degree C.
- Line a baking dish, add chopped pear and the whey protein mixture. Add nuts on top and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow it to cool and serve with chilled Greek yogurt.